Aug 25, 2013

See Ya in the Gumbo # 97 {potluck}



My great grandpa said See ya in the gumbo! 
instead of "good-bye."
It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  
And no two people make it the same way.
To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.
Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


Featured entries are:
linked (w/ a picture) on this site
Pinned here 
shared on Google+

Top Five Features
(based on your clicks)

**Top-viewed**
Crusty Breaded Pork Chops
from Cooking with K
**Top-viewed**
     

Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Waffles with Chili
from Jo & Sue    
  

 Layered Rice, Meatballs and Homemade Tomato Sauce
from Bizzy Bakes
 
    
Greek Yogurt Biscuits
from Holly's Helpings 
    Cheddar Biscuits

Denver Omelet Scramble
from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Denver Omelet Scramble

My picks of the week:
Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
from My Sweet & Savory 
  

End of Summer Salads
from The 21st Century Housewife
  End of Summer Salads Collage

The Boy's picks of the week:
Strawberry Jello Pie
from Becoming a Home
strawberry jello pie

Dinner Rolls
from Holly's Helpings
Dinner Rolls

Strawberry Peach Smoothie
from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Strawberry Peach Smoothie

* Please link your post, not your homepage*
* Link back or add my button if you'd like*
* Try to visit 2 or more participants*
* Food-related posts only, please*

14 comments:

  1. Michelle, thanks for hosting every week! The features are really nice, as always. :) Hope you have a great week!

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Michelle! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting Michelle! I'm with "the boy" that Strawberry Jello Pie looks delicious and refreshing:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    Thanks for the great party each week. There are so many wonderful recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the party and features, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another party Michelle)
    Have a good week (mine will be full of baking...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Michelle!!! Super good Foodies here!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring our cornbread waffles and chili! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle,
    Wow, a delicious spread of yummies!
    I've just linked a pizza post!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What with one thing and another, I haven't managed to get here for the last couple of weeks, but I've linked up Tessa Kiros' Tahini Soup.

    Thanks for hosting, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another lovely party, Michelle. Hope to see you on Friday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for featuring my End of Summer Salads post, Michelle! That's really kind of you. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. This week I've shared my Easy Individual Almond Trifles. Thank you for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great features Michelle. I also loved April's End of Summer Salads. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi MIchelle, thanks for hosting and for the features. You leave here hungry and I think that is what it should be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.